Having worked with many access control systems, we noticed consistent problems with scaling to remote areas. Cabling, power, and lack of physical space makes them difficult and expensive to install and support.
Our solution is simple: go wireless!
SciTech Wireless’ WILDR family of products brings you unparalleled wireless access control for architectural scalability and flexibility at a fraction of the cost of a traditional wired set up.
Meet our Family
Core radio designed to allow multiple interfaces for multiple applications
- Console port (db-9 RS-232) for configuration
- Up to 115.2 Kbits/sec for data transmission
- RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 interfaces
- GPIO lines for Access Control Applications
- Encrypted packets in addition to site code
Virtual Cage Radio
Designed to replace cages to protect client rack cabinets
- Controls access to rack cabinets (front and back)
- A single 2-door controller panel (from any manufacturer) opens 126 rack doors (63 server racks, front & back), also includes broadcast packets
- Controls smart door handle with integrated card reader, LEDs, strike, and door position
- Provides power to the door handle (strike and reader)
- Integrated temperature sensor (up to 98 °C)
- Companion software (WILDR Management Console) provides visibility and logs all events
- Can send commands to individual radios or broadcast to all: Reset, change channel, change RF power, open door, close door, change data-rate, turn LEDs on or off, and other custom commands
When located by the door, provides power to the reader and door strike. No need for an additional battery
- One radio at the panel, and one at the door for point-to-point applications
- Wiegand (Data0, Data1), or Clock & Data (Mag-stripe) interface
- LED-A, LED-B, Door Position, Tamper, REX (Request to Exit)
- Electric Strike control, Electric Strike Power
- Large data buffer (1024 bytes) for Smart Cards; supports all formats
Data center solutions
The SciTech Wireless WILDR family products provides unparalleled wireless access control scalability and flexibility for data centers.
We do this by providing high-capacity controlled access and real-time monitoring to secured facilities and to the rack cabinets themselves, which decreases cabling, allows more efficient use of floor space, all at very low power consumption.
And the best part? We integrate into the existing access control hardware/software ecosystem of your current facilities.
Better Space management
Provides secure access for rack enclosures where ever they are placed on premises/floor
Allows customization of Access Control for each client when required. Different clients may want to use their own access credentials issued by their company
Eliminates the necessity of “cages“ that encapsulate rack enclosures to restrict access. A wire-mesh cage for 10 standard U42 rack cabinets with a footprint of 244 sq’(including isle-ways), costs about $12,000 installed. Considering $300/sq’ of floor space ($73,300), the total cost is about $85,000 in footprint only; wasted space of 52sq’ ($15600)
Each rack with its own card access (front & back), can be located where space is available, and specific to each client
IMPECCABLE Physical and Data Protection
Compliance (government, HIPAA, consumer data, FTC)
- Isle entry control
- Co-location control per client or general data center
- Rack enclosure control per client or general data center
- Seamless integration with the facility’s existing Access Control System
- Complete audit trail
- Backup and archive viewer to query the database
- Command and control of each rack, or all racks using operator commands
- Password-controlled data viewer for added security (per client)
- Built-in signal measurement for range testing; no need for external test kits
- Client-code for groups of radios to segregate / isolate clients from each other. Radios with different client-codes will not communicate
Sensor allows close monitoring of rack temperature, and alarms at user selected critical level
Reduce your power consumption
Quiescent current of 90 milliamps at 12 Volts per door. Provides power to the integrated reader and the strike
AC power consumption of 9.4 milliwatts per door (94 mW for 10 rack cabinets)
Cut the cabling
Using wireless for physical security & Access Control saves 20 wires per rack enclosure.
For 10 rack cabinets, 200 wires, one day of labor at $1,000/day, $2/foot, 100’ away (avg.) from the controller costs about $5,000
SciTech Wireless was co-founded by seasoned technology leaders with decades of experience in physical security and access control.
For more information, product specs, a custom quote, or questions, please contact our customer success team using the form below, or call us directly at 253-630-9333.
6640 185th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052